Trying to decide whether you need replacement windows? Chances are, if your home is 15 years or older, it’s probably time to check. Here are a few things to look for when assessing the situation.
1. Visual cues—Do you see signs of cracking and peeling wood? Do you consistently see moisture on the interior of the window? This could mean that your windows have begun to rot making painting and repairs virtually impossible.
2. Difficulty opening and closing– Sticky windows aren’t only a hassle, they’re a safety hazard. If windows refuse to open, get stuck in the up or down position, or won’t open in and out of place, they can pose a serious danger in the event of a fire.
3. Energy bills are on the rise—Even the smallest cracks can let in chilly breezes or stifling heat. Don’t let your hard earned dollars go out the window. Replacement windows will eliminate drafts and save you money.
4. Cleaning has become a dreaded and monumental chore—Thanks to technological advances, many window companies are now able to offer easier cleaning options. Thanks to tilting panes and improved designs, exterior glass can now be washed from the inside of your home.
5. You can’t escape the noise—Are you tired of the outside world creeping in? Replacing your windows with dual-pane or a laminated glass can reduce the noise transmission into your home.
Replacement windows can save you hundreds of dollars a year in energy bills. New designs and materials make them more attractive and energy efficient than ever before. In fact, many are Energy Star rated. Still not sure whether it’s time? Contact a local window replacement company like Austin Jones. Serving the Austin area, they offer free assessments and no obligation estimates. Replacing windows can be easier than you think.